CIT and Waterside launch a new theatre commission opportunity to support an artist/company, culminating in the development and performance of a new piece of work.
We are excited to hear from creatives and companies based in, or working in the North and look forward to building a long term relationship with the supported artists.
The successful company or artist will receive:
• A £2,000 commissioning fee to support the production, towards production costs and script/dramaturgical development.
• Support from the Theatre Commissions Coordinator as well as the CIT & Waterside teams.
• A minimum three day-run to stage the new production at Waterside in The Chambers, in November 2018 (on a box office split).
• A bespoke mentoring and support package tailored to the artist/companies’ needs.
• Fundraising support to help secure match funding.
• Rehearsal space and time.
• Dedicated marketing support (PR, digital & print).
• Technical guidance and support.
• Support in the development of a tour pack.
If you have any questions about the commission, you can download the PDF HERE or email our Theatre Commissions coordinator, Ross Carey at